My little project and Emma Watson

10/29/2015 chardonnaygal 0 Comments

      So it's almost the end of October which is weird because I was still in my September mood. November is my favorite month of the year, not because it's my birthday month but also it's a warm, snowy part of the year back in Mongolia. Here in Osaka, there is not such thing as snow. I mean literally! You should consider yourself lucky if you happen to see snow here, because it usually falls once a year. And last year, I mean this year it was January first which was freaking awesome because we were shopping at the outlet mall with all those christmas decorations and music. It was like the only decent winter day even though it was super late. Introduction just took too much space already and my purpose of this post is to get some support from my friends on this small project I'm planning on the third Saturday or Sunday of November.

      Since I've been not getting that birthday excitement since my early 20s, I thought maybe it's time to do something different. All my life, I've been getting help from others and when it comes to my self, I always thought I didn't have enough to share. Money, knowledge, time and everything! I realized I was being the usual selfish-myself. If I don't do now when would I do? I mean like that line from Emma Watson's speech at the UN, "If not me, who, if not now, when" I think it's just something to keep in my head. You are just never rich enough or smart enough to start helping others so why not now?
By the way, did I tell you I was such a huge fan of Emma Watson since I was like 13. She was the only inspiration to me and the reason to learn English. I stalked her fan websites and the official one almost everyday and even now I remember every single outfit she wore at movie premieres and at other events. I was and still am a fan/stalker of her. I'm just happy she turned out to be this wonderful young lady with a brain to match.

      So my idea is to surprise few children at the orphanage center in Ulaanbaatar. My sister is helping me to find the right orphanage that doesn't get help often. I'm still working on what to give. If I give the money I'm not sure they will use it as I want them to, because they just need everything and I don't have enough to share to them. So I thought, instead of celebrating my birthday and getting these thoughtful gifts from my friends, I can skip this year and spend that money on helping some precious kids at least once. So if you are considering to buy me something, keep your time and just help me on the budget. It might seem disappointing to some of you guys, but this year I'm just not in my celebratory mood. Each year on my birthday, I've been this lucky kid with these wonderful presents and friends. I never really threw a party myself or invited people over to join me for my birthday, but my friends would always think of something nice and surprising. And I liked that a lot.


      And I thought, some kids out there, they are just not lucky enough to have parents, not lucky enough to feel the joy of being loved and having someone to take care of them. So one thing I could do is probably to give that one present they didn't receive on their last birthdays. I know giving something once wouldn't solve anything. But I know that one happy day and one useful present can help you to get inspiration and that joy when you are a kid.

So this is my little project and I would be very happy if you decide to join me.
I can't do it personally but I hope maybe one or few of you can help my sister to find the place and collect the gifts.

      Thank you in advance! hoho Am I being paranoid now?

Anyway, thank you for reading this even though you are not able to help this time. I hope this little project could become a tradition in the future but really nothing that I can assure you now.

      Just let me know.

PS: I feel like I should use more commas, but I just don't know if I'm using it right. I just put them.

Update: 11/5/2015


We chose "Erdem" center in Songino Hairhan district, Ulaanbaatar. They are taking care of 21 children including 13 girls and 8 boys aged 3-18.

If you are are willing to help in anyway, please contact me asap.

This weekend will be the shopping day.

Update: 11/15/2015


      Thank you everyone who has supported my idea and helped me to accomplish this small project. I really appreciate your help :)

      We prepared different gifts for every child depending on their age and gender. Average gift budget was about 40 to 50 thousand tugrugs.(3000 Japanese yen)

For small children's gift, we included white board, drawing supplies, coloring book and some sweets and chocolate.

For teenagers, we prepared books(different ones for everyone), pencil box with some stationery set, schedule book(Made in Mongolia :) ) and also some sweets.

And for the second group of teenagers, we also chose book, sweets, some pocket money to buy necessities and pencil box with stationary set. We also prepared some food supplies for the upcoming cold winter.

I hope this would not be a one time thing. Let's visit them as often as possible to discuss about their concerns, schoolwork and try to inspire them to fulfill their dreams.
















And thank you for taking these photos for me.
                                                                 


0 comments: